mega jackpots….mega game!
Enjoy one of America's favorite jackpot games! With jackpots starting at $15 million and a second prize of $1,000,000, Mega Millions is the perfect game for those looking to play for big cash prizes!
Questions? Please click here for our Q & As.
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick five different numbers from 1 through 75; then select one Mega Ball number from 1 through 15.
- You can also play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
- Use a combination of these play methods - pick some of your favorite numbers and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each ticket costs $1.
- Mega Millions draws are held Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m.
- All prizes, except the jackpot, are fixed dollar amounts. The jackpot total is dependent on the amount of money in the draw's prize pool.
Match all six numbers, and you win the Mega Millions Jackpot! But that's not all - check out the chart for all NINE ways to win a prize in Mega Millions. If you do win the jackpot, you will need to choose either an annual payout or cash option when you claim your prize.
bigger game with megaplier
Step up your game with Megaplier, a great add-on feature that multiplies a non-jackpot prize by 2, 3, 4, or 5! Megaplier can increase your winnings up to $5,000,000! Add Megaplier to any Mega Millions ticket for $1 per play. The Megaplier number is randomly drawn before each Mega Millions draw show - so it won't appear on your ticket when you buy it.
It's always great to have options, so mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip for any of the following:
- Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? Well, you can! A MULTI-DRAW ticket lets you play up to 26 consecutive draws on one ticket. Please keep in mind that the ticket price increases for each draw you add.
- Thinking ahead to a special date? You can buy one ticket for a future draw date. It's called a FUTURE draw. Simply mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip and let the store clerk know which future draw date you have in mind.
- Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? You can REPEAT your play and have the same numbers printed on more than one ticket up to 20 times.
- Simply tell your store clerk which option you want when you present your playslip. Keep in mind that playing in more than one draw increases the ticket price by the number of draws you choose.
two chances to win per week
Mega Millions draws are held Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you play Mega Millions:
- We stop selling Mega Millions tickets at 10:45 p.m. on draw nights - so get your tickets early!
- Virginia's Mega Millions tickets cannot be canceled and all sales are final…sorry! We recommend using a playslip to ensure that your numbers are correct.
- When using optional plays, make sure you tell your clerk which option(s) you prefer – Multi- Draw, Future, or Repeat.
- Any winning tickets bought in Virginia must be redeemed in Virginia.
watch the draws
You can watch Mega Millions Draws LIVE on Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m. by clicking the View Winning Numbers tab at the top of the page or check us out on Facebook. You can even watch them later…they stay on our site!
Draws are also broadcast on the TV stations listed below - check your local listing for times.
- WRIC-TV -- Richmond
- WDBJ-TV -- Roanoke
- WVEC-TV -- Hampton Roads
- WUSA-TV -- Northern VA
- WHSV-TV -- Harrisonburg
- WFDC-TV -- Northern VA
never miss a draw
Play the easy way! Subscribe to Mega Millions and never miss a draw. Forget about waiting in lines or even checking your tickets – if you win, we'll contact you! Simply click here
to get started with a Mega Millions Subscription today!
Need more info? Official rules for Mega Millions