$1,000,000 Money Ball is nearing its end to make room for an amazing new game – Bank a Million – where you bank the million and we pay the taxes! We will say goodbye to $1,000,000 Money Ball on 8/29 and hello to Bank a Million on 8/30.
Ready. Set. Play $1,000,000 Money Ball!
$1,000,000 Money Ball is one of your best chances to become a millionaire! With two chances to become a millionaire each week, this exciting Virginia-only game is fun and easy to play. You pick five (5) numbers, the Lottery will then select five (5) numbered balls, and if the Gold Million Dollar Money Ball is drawn before all five (5) numbers have been selected, the top prize jumps to $1,000,000. $1,000,000 Money Ball - it's just for you, Virginia!
Watch our video on how to play $1,000,000 Money Ball!
- Choose your own numbers on a $1,000,000 Money Ball playslip. Pick five (5) separate numbers from 1 through 35.
- You can also play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
- Use a combination of these play methods - pick some of your favorite numbers and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each ticket costs $2.
- If the Gold Million Dollar Money Ball is selected as one of the five (5) balls drawn an additional numbered ball is drawn and the top prize goes from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 11:00 p.m.
Match all five numbers drawn, and you win $100,000! Match all five numbers when the Gold Million Dollar Money Ball is drawn, and you win $1,000,000!
Check out the chart below for all FIVE ways to win a prize in $1,000,000 Money Ball.
|5 white balls + Gold Million Dollar Money Ball
||1 in 2,337,350
|5 of 5 white balls
||1 in 376,992
|4 of 5 white balls
||1 in 2,164
|3 of 5 white balls
||1 in 75
|2 of 5 white balls
||1 in 8
|Overall chances of winning any prize: 1 in 7.2
It's always great to have options, so make sure to keep the following in mind when you purchase your $1,000,000 Money Ball ticket:
- REPEAT PLAYS OPTION: Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? Mark this box on your playslip to repeat your selection (same numbers, same draw date) for more than one ticket. You will be prompted to provide your choice. This option is not available on Lottery vending machines.
- FUTURE PLAY OPTION: Thinking ahead to a special date? Mark this box to buy a ticket for one future draw date. With this option, you can select one future draw, excluding the current draw. If you select the MORE box to play beyond the next week, you will be prompted to provide the future date you want to play (it must be a Wednesday or Saturday)
- MULTI DRAW OPTION: Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? Well, you can! To play consecutive draws, including the current draw, simply mark the multi-draw option box on your playslip. If you select the 8+ box to play 8 or more, you will be prompted to provide your choice. Your ticket price will multiply by this number.
two chances to win per week
$1,000,000 Money Ball draws are held Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m. ET. Here are a few things to keep in mind when playing $1,000,000 Money Ball:
- We stop selling $1,000,000 Money Ball tickets at 10:45 p.m. ET on draw nights, so get your tickets early!
- Tickets for $1,000,000 Money Ball can be canceled if purchased from one of the clerk-operated terminals, if you realize there's a mistake on your ticket, tell the clerk before you leave the store.
- Tickets purchased from a Lottery vending machine cannot be canceled. Make sure to use a playslip to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Need more info? Go here for our official $1,000,000 Money Ball